This intense summer heat can bring out the worst in your locks, making for some “hairy” situations!
The summertime cocktail of sun, humidity, sea-water, and chlorine can cause dry, brittle hair and intense frizz. But there is help! Vitamins, herbs, and essential oils found in natural shampoos and conditioners can protect your hair AND repair any damage caused by too much summertime fun!
For dry and damaged hair:
- Jojoba oil provides intense moisture to the hair and scalp and is easily absorbed.
- Aloe Vera will rejuvenate damaged hair and Vetiver oil will and volume and strength.
- For a repairing conditioner, look for lemon and herbs such as rosemary, sage, birch, and elder.
- Aloe Vera, oat, soy, and wheat proteins will strengthen and sooth hair follicles. While quince extract and elderflower control fly-aways and repair split ends.
- For natural sun protection, look for hair products with Vitamins A, B, C, and E.
- A surprising ingredient, organic Corn Syrup, helps remove chlorine and harmful minerals from hair.
- For repairing, deep conditioning, turn to Shea butter.
No Snow In July:
- Aloe vera’s slightly acidic pH is a natural antibacterial that helps combat dandruff.
- Burdock is an antidandruff ingredient that also promotes hair growth.
- Peppermint, Tea tree, thyme, rosemary, and eucalyptus are all essential oils that will soothe a sensitive scalp and fight dandruff build-up.
Rollin’ Oats recommends Aubrey Organics hair products. Not only are they all natural and organic, they are locally made!!!!
Now to soothe your stomach! The Oats Café is serving delicious Turkey Meatballs and introducing a new soup to today’s menu, zesty Crema Andaluz. Not to be outdone, the Oats Bakery is serving two new diabetic friendly treats, No Sugar Added Cranberry Orange Muffins and Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies! Delicious!