It’s such a scary word to most Americans. But, did you know there are essential fats needed for our body to function properly?
- Eat Healthful Fats- Our body needs Omega-3 fats and polyunsaturated fats in order to maintain optimum functionality. These healthy fats are necessary for cardiovascular health, cognitive function, and, believe it or not, regulation of blood sugar!
Nuts, Avocados, seeds, heart healthy oils (olive oil, grapeseed oil, flax oil), and cold-water fish (salmon) are all excellent sources of healthy fats!
Try this recipe for a feast featuring healthful fats!
- 1/2 Hass Avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Chives, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (or Nutritional Yeast for Vegans)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbamare
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Hot Water, divided
- 1 teaspoon Napa Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine avocado, parsley, chives, garlic, spices, oil, and 1/4 cup of the hot water in a food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining water if needed.
- Serve over pasta or spaghetti squash.
For more recipes, featuring healthy fats, follow these links!
- Homemade Granola Bars (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan)
- Almond Kelp Noodle Salad (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan)
- Broiled Salmon w/ Spinach and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- Perfect Pasta Salad (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan)
- Buckwheat Tabbouli (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan)