For those of us with Celiac Disease or Gluten Intolerance, however, stuffing can prove to be a bit more complicated.
Yesterday, I received a blog comment inquiring about a pre-made Gluten Free Stuffing Mix. Other than one or two specialty bakeries throughout the US, I have not seen a Gluten Free Stuffing Mix. Instead, I make my own! I know, I know… It sounds complicated, but trust me! It is remarkably simple. Follow these easy steps and you will have traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing that any “Gluten Eater” will enjoy!
Gluten Free Stuffing Mix
(Gluten-Free, Vegan, Nut-Free)
- 1 loaf Gluten Free, Vegan Bread of Choice (EnerG Tapioca Loaf -or- Kinnikinnick Sunflower Flax Loaf are both Gluten Free and Vegan)
- 1-2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tblsp Frontier Organic, Salt Free Poultry Seasoning or Frontier Organic Italian Seasoning Blend
- Defrost loaf of bread and allow to sit out on the counter 36-48 hours until slightly stale.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut stale bread into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with a slight drizzle of olive oil and Frontier Seasoning of choice. Start with a small amount of oil. You can always add more if needed.
- Place seasoned bread cubes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes until lightly toasted.
VOILA! You have now made your very own Gluten Free, Vegan Stuffing Mix!
Now all that’s left is to make your stuffing! We recommend this recipe for Stuffin’ Muffins! Simply substitute your homemade Gluten Free Stuffing Mix for the Arrowhead Mills Savory Herb Stuffing Mix listed in the recipe and proceed as directed!
Stuffing, though delicious, is only a side dish. Don’t wait until the last-minute to plan your Thanksgiving main course!
Rollin’ Oats is now taking pre-orders for our Fresh, Natural & Organic Turkeys! (See below for details) We are also selling delicious Hazelnut & Cranberry Stuffed Vegan Field Roasts En Croute for our Vegan friends! This show-stopping entrée is only available for Thanksgiving and will satisfy the palates of Vegans and Meat Eaters, alike! (See below for details) If you would like to sample this Vegan Entrée, stop by our St. Petersburg location for Foodie Friday this week. From 12:00-3:00PM, we will be sampling the Hazelnut & Cranberry Stuffed Vegan Field Roast En Croute!