Salads are one of our favorite meatless meals! Just think of the endless options and variations you can create!
In honor of Summer, we are using fresh, grilled pineapple to create a salad with the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity.
As a side note, pineapple is considered to be an excellent anti-inflammatory, making this salad a great recovery cure for sore muscles!
Grilled Pineapple Salad
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 1 Pineapple, peeled, cored, & cut into rounds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups Baby Salad Greens
- 1/2 pint Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Hass Avocado, peeled, pitted, & thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tblsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 Tblsp Madhava Amber Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp Stoneground Mustard
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper, a pinch each
- Heat grill to medium. Brush grill surface with oil.
- Place pineapple rounds on the grill & cook 3 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together, olive oil, vinegar, shallots, agave nectar, mustard, salt, & pepper.
- Assemble salad: In a large bowl, toss together greens & vinaigrette.
- Portion out salad into individual serving dishes.
- Top each salad with tomatoes, grilled pineapple, avocado, and serve.’