Ah… the days of summer bring back memories of sugary ice cream treats enjoyed poolside. Sticky fingers eagerly clutching that cone filled with sweet, frozen goodness.
These days, ice cream is rarely enjoyed as much, or as well, as it was back then. We are too concerned with fat content, sugar content, etc…. Well, we decided to take ice cream back! We use coconut milk to make our favorite ice cream flavors. Chock full of healthy medium chain fatty acids, coconut milk is said to aid in regulating your metabolism! We aren’t saying to eat the entire batch in one sitting. Moderation is key in every aspect of life. We recommend finding a small 1/4 cup serving size bowl in which to enjoy your summery treat!
The below recipe is a base (aka: vanilla). Feel free to add your favorite mix-ins! We added Gluten-Free Kinnikinnick KinniToos Cookies to make Cookies n’ Cream!
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Homemade Coconut Milk Ice Cream
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 2 cans full fat Coconut Milk
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Bob’s Red Mill Xanthum Gum
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Chill 45 minutes to an hour.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream machine & process about 25 minutes.
- Scoop soft ice cream into a glass, freezer safe container.
- Freeze 3-5 hours, or until desired firmness.
- Feel free to add whatever mix-ins you would like into the ice cream maker at the 20 minute mark.