Guess what Tampa Bay? The men are taking over Meatless Monday with the ultimate man food… Chili!!!!
Fresh Summer vegetables pair with protein & fiber filled kidney beans to create a fresh seasonal chili that is completely meat free! Feel free to increase or decrease the heat to suit your tastes. We like things medium, a little kick, but not too much.
If dairy isn’t your thing, we suggest using Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream & Daiya Vegan Cheese as accompaniments for this hearty meal. Our other favorite sides include organic corn chips, chopped fresh green onions, & brown rice! YUM!!!!!
What do you add to your chili for that extra “ZING“?
Summer Vegetable Chili
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 2 Tblsp Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tblsp Chili Powder
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Yellow Squash, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 cup frozen Corn, defrosted
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Muir Glen Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can Eden Foods Organic Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
- pinch Salt
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute Onions, Garlic, & Chili Powder until translucent.
- Add Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Squash, Oregano, & Cumin, & saute 10 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients & cook 15 minutes.
- Serve with desired accompaniments.