Pesto Pasta is a classic Meatless Monday meal. While pesto is fantastic, variations on a classic are even better!
We have made traditional pesto and even Avocado Pesto. Now, we are moving on to Broccoli Pesto! Cruciferous broccoli is high in fiber and is touted as having cancer fighting properties. It is also a great natural detoxifier and new research is showing it to be a hypoallergenic food, reducing the impact of allergy-related substances on our bodies. (visit WHFoods.com for more)
This is one dinner you can feel proud of!
Broccoli Pesto Pasta
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 cup Napa Valley Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago Cheese
- 1 cup fresh Basil
- 1/3 cup organic Walnuts, toasted
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Fusilli Pasta
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted & chopped
- about 5 Oil-packed Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup Eden Organic canned Garbanzo Beans, drained & rinsed
- Bring a pot of salted water to a low boil. Cook broccoli in salted water for 2 minutes, drain, & immediately submerge in cold water to stop cooking. Drain & set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Place cooked broccoli, oil, cheese, basil, walnuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt, & pepper in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Process until smooth.
- Toss together pasta, pesto, & remaining ingredients & serve.