The days are getting darker & colder (at least somewhere they are getting colder!), & Halloween is drawing near!
The holidays can be a stressful time for those eating gluten-free. Never fear, Rollin’ Oats is here! We know Halloween is suppose to be scary. However, the food is not!
For a comprehensive guide to Gluten-Free candies, follow this link to MyGlutenFacts.com. There you can search by candy name, brand name, etc… It is an awesome resource for tackling those Trick or Treat bags.
At home, make this sweet & sticky holiday treat that everyone can enjoy! It is a personal favorite around the store.
Chocolate Chip Caramel Corn
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 1 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks, room temperature
- 2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 quarts Popped Plain Popcorn
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Allergy-Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Melt Earth Balance in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar, coconut nectar, & salt, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Allow to boil 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in vanilla & baking soda.
- Place popped popcorn, pumpkin seeds, & chocolate chips in a large bowl, slowly drizzle in caramel, stirring to coat evenly.
- Place caramel corn in an even layer on 2 large jelly roll pans.
- Bake in preheated oven about 1 hour. Stir every 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before breaking into pieces.