Halloween has gone gourmet!
We would all love to spend hours cooking from scratch, but let’s be honest….. Who has the time?
We would love to say when we want Pumpkin Soup we start with a Pie Pumpkin, lovingly hollow it out, reserving the seeds for another recipe, & slowly braising the golden flesh before cooking the soup. Sadly, that is not always the case. Some days, it’s all we can do to brush our teeth before rushing out the door! For our hurried lifestyles, here is a gourmet recipe ready in a hurry. It is healthy, warm, & flavorful. Perfect for your Boo-tastic Halloween get together!
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 1 Tblsp Coconut Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Nothing But Apples Applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups No-Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Agave Nectar
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- dash Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups So Delicious Original Coconut Milk
- Salt, to taste
- In a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil.
- Add onion & garlic & saute’ until soft & translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients & cook until heated through.