Who are we to say “no trick-or-treating”? In fact, we highly support anything festive! It’s the mountain of leftover candy beckoning us from the cupboard that we aren’t overly fond of.
As a means of getting rid of unwanted candy last year, we found ourselves making Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas. You may be eating chocolate, but you are also getting a dose of potassium & a burst of seratonin! These popsicles may not be a “health food”, but at least they have some healthful properties!
Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana-sicle
- 8-10 fun-size Chocolate Candy Bars
- 6 Bananas
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 3 Tblsp chopped Peanuts
- 12 wooden popsicle sticks or skewers
- Peel bananas & cut in half. Place wooden sticks in the cut side of the bananas.
- Place bananas on a tray, cover, & freeze for 3 hours.
- In a small saucepan, melt together chocolate & butter until smooth. Remember to stir constantly.
- Pour melted chocolate into a tall glass.
- Dip frozen bananas in the melted chocolate until evenly coated. Immediatly roll in chopped peanuts & place on a wax-paper covered tray.
- Cover popsicles & freeze 30 minutes, until chocolate is set.
Have a great day! See you at Rollin’ Oats!