Popcorn Balls are an old-school Halloween treat worth revisiting!
Does anyone else have fond memories of sticky hands & sugar-highs from making these during the holidays? We sure do! We want everyone to be able to enjoy one of our favorite treats, so we made an allergy-free version!
Personalize your popcorn balls by adding your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruit, or spices!
Vegan Pumpkin-Flax Popcorn Balls
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 7 cups Sunshine Acres Light Organic Popcorn
- 2 Tblsp Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tblsp Turbinado Sugar
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tblsp Water
- 1 Tblsp Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Golden Flax Seed Meal
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, stir together coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar, vinegar, & water until melted.
- Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 90 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat & stir in coconut milk.
- Pour into a glass bowl & refrigerate 20 minutes until cold & thickened.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Pour 1/4 cup of syrup over the popcorn & toss until evenly combined.
- Add the pumpkin seeds & flax seed meal. Slowly drizzle remaining syrup over the popcorn.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Form popcorn balls by firmly pressing 3/4 cup portions into balls.
- Place on a wax paper lined tray, cover, & refrigerate st least 2 hours or overnight.
- Store in the refrigerator.