Cinnamon and apples practically scream “Thanksgiving”!
A staple on our Thanksgiving table is a sweet side dish that could arguable double as a dessert. Stewed apples sweetened with honey blend the flavors of fall in a picture perfect dish. Whether you prefer the sweet and savory combination of mashed potatoes and stewed apples, or the dessert version of stewed apples a la mode, we think you will agree this recipe is a keeper!
Sugar Free Stewed Apples
- 3 lbs Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Tblsp Water
- 4 Tblsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Core apples and slice. Each apple should yield 8 pieces.
- Place water and apple slices in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Drizzle with honey and top with butter.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, until fork tender.