You planned ahead. A lovely, homemade soup has been cooking all day in your crock-pot. You open the cupboard searching for that loaf of bread you “know you bought at the market yesterday”, only to find that it has mysteriously disappeared. Panic sets in……
Fret not, super homemaker! We have a secret that will save dinner. Quick Bread is generally thought of as a sweet loaf, like Banana Bread or Pumpkin Bread. Who says that it has to be a sweet bread? We took our favorite sweet loaf and gave it a savory makeover. Ready in just under an hour, this Quick Bread is the perfect accompaniment to any soup or stew.
Herb Quick Bread
- 2 large, organic Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp organic, unbleached Sugar
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 3/4 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup packed fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh Basil, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, sugar, mayonnaise, & water until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 45-50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan before turning onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.