Salads can be fun & spontaneous!
They can be spicy & exotic.
Salads can also be sophisticated & chic.
What pairs better with wine than goat cheese & good conversation. Impress your dinner guests by serving this upscale asparagus salad with homemade Basil Vinaigrette. The creamy goat cheese paired with the acidity of balsamic vinegar make the flavors sing!
Oh… and don’t forget to add us to the guest list! This is our favorite salad!
Asparagus & Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 lb fresh Asparagus
- 1 lg head Bibb Lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 3 Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 oz Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, toasted
- 2 Tblsp chopped, fresh Basil
- 2 Tblsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Agave Nectar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Snap off & discard tough ends of the asparagus.
- Blanche asparagus by submerging in salted, boiling water for 3 minutes, & then plunging into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt.
- Top lettuce with asparagus, goat cheese, tomatoes, & pine nuts.
- Make Basil Vinaigrette: Whisk together basil, vinegar, agave, salt, & pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil, blending well.
- Drizzle salad with basil vinaigrette before serving.