TOFU + BBQ= AWESOME!!
This Fourth of July, how about some Korean BBQ!!
Korean BBQ refers to marinated meat that is often cooked tableside. It has gained popularity in the US over the past few years & can even be found served out of food trucks in many major cities! With its sweet & salty flavor, it’s easy to see why Korean BBQ has fans all over the country!
Instead of the traditional meat, we took organic tofu & marinated it in a gluten-free marinade before searing it in a screaming hot pan. Serve it over a salad or with a side of stir-fry vegetables & rice! Korean BBQ Tofu is a sure-fire winner!
Korean BBQ Tofu
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 1 lb Nasoya Organic Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp. Rollin’ Oats EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Tamari Soy Sauce
- 5 Tblsp Agave Nectar
- 2 tsp dry Mustard
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- Press tofu to remove moisture; at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Place remaining ingredients into a medium container & stir to combine.
- Cut tofu into 1/2″ thick strips & place in container with the marinade.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Heat 1 Tbsp. Rollin’ Oats EVOO in the skillet.
- Cook on each side until tofu is lightly charred on the edges.