Rollin’ Oats – St. Pete Demo today! Come on by & try some delicious products! http://ow.ly/i/2pplp
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
It’s hump day & our kitchen is cookin’ up a storm! Join us for lunch? It is lookin’ good! Have a great day!
It’s that time of the year and our
organic berries are bursting out of our
As delicious as berries are they contain some amazing health benefits!
- Keep You Mentally Sharp
- Help Manage Diabetes
- Might Prevent Parkinson’s
- Could Boost Heart Health
- Help with Weight Control
- for Lower Blood Pressure
- Fight Cancer
- Boost Your Memory
- Fight Urinary Tract Infections
(this information was provided by EverydayHealthy.com)
Check out our favorite summer salad recipe using fresh, organic blueberries & a homemade Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette!
Berry Good Summer Salad
- 4 cups organic Mixed Field Greens
- 1 cup organic Blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1/4 Red Onion, sliced
- 1/8 cup toasted Walnuts, chopped
- 4 tsp Alessi Raspberry White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper, a pinch of each
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, salt, & pepper to make a Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette to serve.
Have a berry great day! See you at Rollin’ Oats!
At Rollin’ Oats, we try to make every day a celebration of our wonderful planet.
One way is by giving our customers biodegradable plastic bags made from polymers and poly-lactic acid, and no polyethylene. (Unfortunately, these biodegradable plastic bags account for less than 1 percent of the global market.) Compared with paper bags, producing these biodegradable plastic ones uses less energy and water and generates less air pollution and solid waste. However, it is best to bring your own reusable bags to the grocery store. Keep canvas bags in your home, office, and car so you always have them available when you go shopping. Think twice about taking a plastic bag if your purchase is small and easy to carry. Try to go at least one week without accumulating any new plastic bags. If every shopper took just one less bag each month, this could eliminate the waste of hundreds of millions of bags each year!
Other Green Tips include:
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Be an organic consumer
- Make your own or invest in GREEN cleaning products
- Plant a garden
- Install a rain barrel to water your garden and plants
- Ride your bike or car pool if possible
- Participate in Meatless Monday & eliminate meat from your diet one day a week
- Switch to CFLs, or Compact Florescent Lightbulbs
- Avoid extra packaging and waste by shopping from our Bulk Bins
- SHOP LOCAL!
To celebrate our wonderful planet, cook up a delicious green dinner for your friends and family! We have our menu planned!
- Edamame Hummus with Celery Sticks
- Green Salad with Red Wine Dijon Vinaigrette & Roasted Chickpeas
- Brown Rice Spaghetti with Kale Pesto
- Pumpkin Pie Fudgie Babies